Flood Vulnerability Assessment for Critical Facilities
Details of Assessment & Output
What do I need to have prior to starting the assessment?
- Knowledge about the building and where critical systems are located
- Basic engineering knowledge about the building (preferred)
- Access to emergency response plans for weather (preferred)
How long will this assessment take me?
- Pilot tests of this assessment took anywhere from 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
- It will depend on how many buildings are assessed and if the information needed (see list above) is readily available.
What is the format of this assessment?
- The assessment is a set of questions in which the majority are yes/no or multiple choice, with a couple of open-ended questions as well.
What will I receive after taking this assessment?
- After completing the FVA, you will receive a Facility Risk Summary and Recommendations Report. This will summarize the most important findings and provide a set of recommendations and/or resources as steps that could be taken to reduce the facility's risk to flooding events.
- You will also have the option to download the completed assessment for your records.