To decipher what specialty crop producers are currently using, and to facilitate the adaption and creation of new tools and information for specialty crop producers, the following survey has been created to help gather information. From the results of this survey, we will be inviting producers to workshops in early 2018.
TAKE THE SURVEY: Specialty Crop Production Needs Related to Climate Information
Changing climatic conditions are having a wide ranging impact on agriculture in the Midwest including changes in crop yields, season length, and soil health. To support Midwest specialty crop producers work through these changes, the Midwest Climate Hub, Midwestern Regional Climate Center (MRCC) and National Drought Mitigation Center (NDMC) are partnering to determine data needs and develop additional tools, educational resources and other information for producers to better adapt to a variable and changing climate.
- Host several workshops with specialty crop producers and extension staff to determine specific data and tool needs as well as climate change education needs.
- Identify pro-active measures that would help maximize yields during potential drought events.
- Create and deploy a survey (see sidebar) about climate needs and attitudes of specialty crop producers.
- Create several resources on climate change impacts and adaptation options for specific, important, non-row crops in the Midwest.
- Specialty Crop Producers
- Extension Staff
- Specialty Crop Producer Groups